QUALIFICATION: BTEC NATIONAL EXTENDED CERTIFICATE IN CREATIVE DIGITAL MEDIA PRODUCTION
As a Media Production student you will research the music industry, learn about the history of Stop-Motion filming and editing and build the relevant technical skills to then plan, film and edit a music video and stop motion TV indent. You will have the opportunity to work alongside media specialists and use industry standard equipment and software, including green screen technology and Final Cut Pro Editing.
This qualification is equivalent to an A-Level.
40% Assignments and 60% Controlled Assessment.
1. Assignments: Set and marked by the centre and externally moderated. Students complete a series of practical, tasks set in a work-related scenario.
2. Controlled Assessment: Set and marked by the exam board.Studentsrespond to a pre-released brief or complete an online examination.
Many Media students have gone on to study Media at University or work in the Media Arts sector. Examples of courses and jobs are Broadcast Journalism, Media and Business, Advertising, Arts Management, Floor Managers, Communication Studies, Film Studies, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, Television, and Video Production .
YEAR 12 & 13
The course consists of 8 units studied across two years:
Specialist Units: Music Video Production, Film and Video Editing Techniques, Designing IDENTS for Television, Stop Motion Animation Production, Single Camera Techniques.
• Pre-production Techniques for the Creative Media Industries.
• Communication Techniques.
• Research Techniques for the Creative Media Industries.