Students can expect the following as part of their studies;
- develop and apply an informed, analytical framework for making, performing, interpreting drama and theatre.
- understand the place of relevant theoretical research in informing the processes and practices.
- develop an understanding and appreciation of how the social, cultural and historical contexts of performance texts have influenced the development of drama and theatre.
- understand the practices used in 21st-century theatre making.
- participate as a theatre maker and as an audience member in live theatre.
- understand and experience the collaborative relationship between various roles within theatre.
- develop and demonstrate a range of theatre-making skills.
- develop the creativity and independence to become effective theatre makers.
- analyse and evaluate their own work and the work of others.
Minimum GCSE grade 5 or equivalent in Drama as well as grade 5 in either English Language or English Literature.
Drama teaches interpersonal skills which are applicable to many walks of life and degree courses.
Actor, Theatre designer, Director, Community arts worker, Drama therapist, Theatre Stage manager, teacher.
Edexcel A-level Drama & Theatre Studies. This is a level 3 qualification.
Assessment is based on three separate components.
Component 1 – Devising – worth 40% of the qualification. Your work will be teacher assessed and externally moderated.
Component 2 – Text in Performance – worth 20% of the qualification. This is made up of a group performance and either a monologue or a duologue. It will be externally assessed by a visiting examiner.
Component 3 – Theatre Makers in practice – worth 40% of the qualification. This is a 2 hour 30 minutes written examination set and marked by the exam board.
English Literature A Level is a challenging and academic course which encourages you to explore the relationships that exist between texts and the contexts within which they are written, received and understood. The course is a clear progression from GCSE and allows...read more
BTEC Performing Arts – Dance at Rainhill Sixth Form aims to engage, inspire and challenge you with a breadth of performance and technical content. You will work both practically and theoretically covering a range of...read more