What is the Arts Academy?
The purpose of the Arts Academy is to support our best performing visual and media arts students in gaining places at the most prestigious and highly competitive Universities and Conservatoires in the country. The Arts Academy will give you unique experiences that students at other Sixth Form Colleges can only dream of. Ultimately this will enhance your UCAS application, giving it “the edge” that will place you head and shoulders above your competitors.
Who is a member of the Arts Academy?
If you choose to study one or more of the following subjects: Dance, Theatre Studies, Media, Music, Art Graphics, Photography, Fine Art or Fashion at Rainhill Sixth Form you automatically become a member of “The Arts Academy”. This means you are entitled to access all of the creative opportunities on offer to help you develop and fulfil your true potential.
What do we offer?
- Audition advice & preparation.
- Working with high quality Performing and Visual Artists.
- Visits to see professional artists at work.
- 1:1 portfolio workshops.
- Mock University Interviews.
- Opportunities to exhibit or perform in new venues.
- Opportunities to work with ‘Artists in Residence’.
- Photographic and graphic design opportunities with local company on real projects.
- Subsidised peripatetic music tuition.
- Work Experience.
- Scholarship to LIPA 4-19 Rainhill.
- Dance Company.
- Theatre Company.
We believe in tailoring our support to what you want to do.
The Arts Academy has built a reputation of getting our students onto the most sought after Performing, Media and Visual Arts degree courses in the UK. Many of our visual arts students are able to gain immediate places at their first choice university without having to complete foundation degrees. This was due to the high quality of their work completed at Rainhill Sixth Form Centre.
Our Performing Arts students have gone on to gain places on degree courses at Arts Educational, Bird College, Italia Conti, CPA Studios, Arden Theatre School, LIPA, DeMontford University and London Studio Centre.
Who Makes This Possible?
As well as outstanding teachers with a track record of brilliant examination success who will mentor you through the Sixth Form, we also work with lots of outstanding arts professionals.
Performing Arts and Media
- New York City to experience Broadway, and to dance at Pineapple Studios.
- Partnership with BBC Media City.
- Urdang Academy.
- Royal Ballet.
- St Martins College.
- LIPA and many more.
- Royal Shakespeare Company.
- Hollyoaks and Coronation Street Actors.
- MOVE IT convention.
- Trip to Theatre Clwyd & Royal Exchange Manchester.
- ITV Studios.
- Media City.
Our Visual Art students have the opportunity to;
- Work with several ‘Artists in Residence’.
- Enter several prestigious competitions, many of which we win (Dot-Art, Glue Gun etc.).
- Enter our work for National Awards (Design and Art Direction Awards).
- Work in local businesses including Whiston Hospital and Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital.
- Have work displayed at the Open Eye Gallery.