How we support parents at Rainhill Sixth Form
Parents and carers have the most influence over academic success and future achievement. We value our partnership with parents at Rainhill Sixth Form and want to support you to support your son/daughter. We recognise that it’s a big step up from school to sixth form, not only for your child but also for you and want you to feel we are helping you to help your child. Therefore, we offer parents:
- A enrollment pack with information, advice and guidance for the two years;
- Year 12 Welcome Evening for parents and carers, held in the second week of September so you can meet key staff face to face;
- Reports three times a year delivered via Edulink, letting you know your son/daughters current progression and attendance information;
- Year 12 and 13 Parents evenings with your son/daughters teachers and support staff;
- Year 12 Parents Progression evening, with external speakers from local Universities and Apprenticeship providers, giving you all the information you need to support your son/daughters next steps;
- Meetings with the Director of Sixth Form if there are any concerns;
- Meetings with Year 12 support staff – Pastoral and Progression to support you and your son/daughter.
- Financial support through the Sixth Form
We are a small, friendly team at Rainhill Sixth Form and someone will always be on hand if you have any concerns or need a question answering. You can contact us at: 01744 677205 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What one of our parents said about our support at Rainhill Sixth Form...
“My daughter joined Rainhill Sixth Form after attending a different Sixth Form provision for a year as she unfortunately didn’t settle in her first placement. She achieved 10 A grades at GCSE and as parents we were very keen on her to reach her full potential. My daughter started her Year 12 over again and was made to feel welcome at Rainhill. Her self-worth increased dramatically as did her belief in her ability to acheive at the highest level. Her Year 12 experience was fantastic and she acheived AAB in her end of year assessments. She thoroughly enjoys her Sixth Form life at Rainhill and we would like to thank all staff for their support” Nicola Southern, Mother of Alcia Ennis, current Year 13.