We all have mental health, like we all have physical health.
Both change throughout our lives and like our bodies, our minds can become unwell.
Our mental health affects the way we think and feel about ourselves and others and in how we deal with life.
1 in 4 of us will be affected by mental illness in any year
The effects are as real as a broken arm, even though there isn’t a sling or plaster cast to show for it.
- Mental health affects us all
- It’s a state of well being
- It’s about being able to enjoy friendships and personal relationships
- Ability to deal with life’s ups and downs
- About believing in yourself
- Capacity to learn
- Capacity to live a full productive life
- Develop talents and capabilities