Here at Rainhill Sixth Form we aim to support each individual student in their progression, whether their ambition is with a top University or a national apprenticeship, running their own company or going into the forces, we are here to help and advise from day one. We have a progression mentor who is a non-teaching member of staff on hand to help, progression booklets issued to all Year 12 students as part of induction and information on our website on pathways and destinations, along with resources to help.
Over time, we are proud to say, our destination measures have been positive and above national expectations and this is due to our planned support.
- In 2017, 98% of students, in September were in education, employment or training 98%
- 51% went to University in 2017 of which 29% went to a Russell group University 51%
- 90% of students got into their first choice University in 2017 90%
- In 2017, 80% of students who wanted an apprenticeship got one and 17% of apprenticeships were degree apprenticeships 80%
Read about some of our success stories form the past years on our alumni page.
Here are some opportunities, events and packages we offer at Rainhill Sixth Form to support progression:
- Unifrog package used by all students for easy progression searches and tracking;
- Half termly check in’s with a tutor about your progression, career and super curriculum progression;
- Careers Connect advisor appointments;
- Half termly progression newsletter;
- Universities involved in Year 12 induction programme;
- Trips to Russell group Universities – Leeds University and Warwick University;
- Edgehill Student conference to launch UCAS;
- Apprenticeship fair trip for Year 13;
- Work with Social Mobility foundation and Liverpool Scholars programme;
- Offer of Sutton Trust Summer schools and the Sutton Trust US Programme;
- Work with the Liverpool Apprenticeship hub and Job Centre Plus;
- Talks and workshops from the Navy;
- A progression evening for parents and carers;