The Science Academy
What is the Science Academy?
We set up the Science Academy to help our students to be accepted at the best Universities to study Science and Computer Science. It is very competitive to get onto some of the top degree courses (Veterinary, Pathology, Engineering, Medicine, and Dentistry) and the Science Academy will give you a wealth of unique experiences that will put your UCAS application at the top of the list. We are confident when we say that the opportunities we offer are unique; they are not available at other Colleges.
Who is a member of the Science Academy?
If you choose to study A-level Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science or BTEC Applied Science, you will automatically become a member of ‘The Science Academy’. This entitles you to access a range of science and computing opportunities that will help develop both your skills and your CV.
What do we offer?
As a Science Academy member we will provide you with lots of opportunities. This can take the form of:
- Work placements alongside science professionals
- Your own research tailored to your own interests
- Regular master classes from science professionals
- Careers advice from professional scientists, engineers and computer scientists
- Visits to see science applied in the work place
- 1 to 1 support with applications to Science courses at University
- Mock University interviews,
- Residential trips to explore science in real depth
- Entry into national science competitions
We believe in tailoring our support to what you want to do.
The Science Academy has a track record of getting our students into the best Universities, such as Oxford, Cambridge & King’s College London, onto the best degrees and onto highly sought after apprenticeship programmes. They have succeeded in very competitive fields because of the extra experience they have in addition to getting great A-level and vocational grades. We have alumni who are now working in top jobs here in the North-West, nationally and internationally.
Who Makes This Possible?
As well as outstanding specialist A-level and Vocational teachers, with a track record of excellent examination success, we also work with local and national organisations and their members to bring you in to contact with science and computing professionals. These include:
- Whiston Hospital
- Leading universities including Manchester
- Metropolitan, University of Liverpool & UCLAN
- British Veterinary Association
- British Medical Association
- Big Bang Fair Northwest
- Liverpool Women’s Hospital
- British Red Cross
- Immersion education
- Leading Academics such as Professor Martyn Amos